Ok, do me a solid and pretend it’s Monday. I meant to update this on Monday but never go around to it…opps! Let’s do this!!
Let’s see, where to start…? About 2.5 years ago I had a weight loss surgery, lost 130lbs, gained allergies to soy and gluten, and gained back 60lbs… yep… 60lbs #manytears
- No gluten
- No soy
- Not a lot of fried foods
- Nothing with too much sugar
- And no meat (due to personal preference)
So, imagine trying to eat, go out to eat, and stay full and lose weight. I’ve tried them all; not eating anything, eating more, taking weight-loss pills, having pretty much every organ/gland/ and blood test tested. Nothing related to weight gain. Fun times, I know.
After finding out I gained back 60lbs (and crying a little) I was at my wits end. A super good friend of mine has been on the Keto diet and after speaking to her about it, I decided to give it a go.
So, starting on 4/17 I started eating Low Carb and High Fat. I meal prepped, looked at recipes on Pinterest , got recipes from my friend and got to cooking!
My thoughts after a full week on the new change:
- 7lbs down – HECKS YES!
- There is a ton of tasty recipes online – Check my Pinterest board out for the ones I like
- I’ve slept better this past week than I have in probably over a year
- I have been more stable with my moods …. The rage monster hasn’t appeared yet!
- I’ve actually had more energy, which means I’m working out (a little…)
- I am rarely hungry (which is huge for me, since I am seemingly always hungry)
- No more Gallbladder issues! I had some major problems a few months ago.
- No tummy issues – AT ALL (which is also a huge plus for me since it took a long time to figure out that gluten and soy were always causing tumtum probs)
I am officially in my 2nd week now and I’m really liking it so far! Yes, I get cravings from time to time, but I try to stay strong and realize it’s just food and the cravings will pass.
Have you tried the Keto diet? If yes, what are your fave meals to make?
I will try to post weekly updates with some of my thoughts as I go through the various stages and of course my weight loss!